To be eligible for assistance through PFCR, your family must meet the following financial criteria:
To ask for representation of a child under the age of 18, please fill out the online Client Intake form or call 212-683-7999 Monday through Friday, and press #1 for intake. You will be asked to leave your name and a number and a brief message about the type of problem with which you need help. Please speak slowly and clearly when leaving your telephone number(s) so we have accurate contact information. Spanish speaking assistance is available.
A staff member will contact you to conduct a preliminary phone interview to obtain basic information.
An attorney will then review your information and contact you within 7 to 10 business days to determine whether PFCR will accept the case.
If your case is accepted, we will schedule an appointment for you to come in. We offer services without charge to clients who meet our financial guidelines.
What to Bring to Your First Appointment:
If this is an education case, please bring:
- A list of all of the names, addresses and phone numbers of your child’s teachers, therapists and educational services providers.
- A list of all current medications and dosages.
- All past IEPs, evaluations, report cards, medical records relevant to the disability, correspondence and documentation that in any way relates to the child’s education.
If this is an SSI/Disability case, please bring:
- A list of all of the names addresses and phone numbers of doctors, therapists, clinics and other medical facilities where your child has been treated.
- All medical records, evaluations, correspondence and documentation that in any way relates to the child’s medical condition.
- All records and correspondence with the Social Security Administration.
- If your child is receiving any special education services, please also bring all of the information listed above for an education case.